FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I buy something?
Step 1 – Select the product you would like to buy
Step 2 – Select “ADD TO BASKET”
Step 3 – Select “Proceed to Checkout”
Step 4 – Enter your relevant Shipping and Billing address details (Make sure to fill in all 4 lines under the Shipping/Billing details). Please make sure the delivery address is available between 8:00 and 17:00 during weekdays as this is the time our couriers deliver.
Step 5 – Select your payment method
Step 6 – Select “Place Order” and you’re good to go!
– If you create a profile on our website, you won’t need to enter all your shipping/billing details every time you order. You can also view your past and current orders.
– If you are paying via Direct Bank Transfer (EFT), please make sure to send your proof of payment to [email protected] so that we can process your order.
– Please note that we cannot deliver to a P.O Box. If you would like it delivered to a PostNet or other postal service branch please make sure that they are aware of the delivery and will allow the delivery of your parcel.
I’ve just placed my order (Yay!), now what?
- You will receive an email confirming your order and that your order is now processing. If you paid via Direct Bank Transfer, you will only receive this email once the proof of payment is received and approved by our sales team.
(Check your spam folder as they sometimes end up in there)
- Your order will be shipped to you within 2-5 days since placing your order.
- You will receive an email with tracking details as soon as your order is picked up by our trusted couriers. Once picked up your order should be delivered within 2 – 4 business days, depending on where you are located.
I am having trouble with the courier and the delivery is not going to plan
- Your order is our responsibility until it is delivered to your door and you are completely satisfied with your order. We will do our absolute best to ensure that your package is delivered as soon as possible. If you are having any issues, please contact us rather than the couriers. We have direct contact with a team of couriers who will give direct guidance so you don’t need to deal with call centres.
- Please take note that we simply cannot guarantee that your parcel will be delivered at a certain time. We will co-ordinate with the courier as much as possible and try meet your time, please rather give a 2 hour delivery window. If you are nervous that you may not be at home, rather add a place of work where someone will be at all times as your delivery address.
- When tracking my parcel it says that it is delivered but I do not have it. Ok wow, we know this can be scary but do not stress. The courier will be liable if they cannot trace the parcel and redeliver it to you.
I have a question regarding my order, who can I contact?
- You can reply to any mail sent to you regarding your order and our sales manager will contact you asap.
- You can also select Assistance -> Contact us. We will then come back to you via email within 24 hours.
- Alternatively, you can contact our sales team by emailing [email protected]
Can I cancel my order?
- If your order is not shipped yet, you can contact us and we will assist with cancelling your order and arrange for a gift card / refund.
Where can I find your store?
- We have 10 shops nationwide. Have a look here https://freedomofmovement.co.za/stockists/
- We also have a few stockists that stock some of our products. For more info on this, go to the Contact Us link under the Assistance tab and we will get back to you asap.
Do you do custom orders?
- Unfortunately we are not able to custom make any products/sizes. We plan our production operations months in advance. Squeezing custom orders between standard production operations can cause for custom products to take up to 3 months to manufacture. You are more than welcome to give us your feedback on our products and ideas to improve them. We love to hear about new ideas and recommendations from you!
Do you ship internationally?
- We ship to anywhere in the world! We charge a flat rate of R500 for all international shipments and R350 to neighbouring countries. This will automatically be added when you place your order on our website.
- Please note that we can not ship any FOM leather care products as they are in aerosol cans. Due to airline regulations, no aerosol cans may be shipped on cargo flights
- VERY IMPORTANT: Please note that you may be asked to pay tax and duties to the tax authorities of the specific country upon import of the goods. For more info regarding this, feel free to send an email to [email protected]
What happens when my item is out of stock?
- If an item is out of stock, it should reflect as such on our website.
- Unfortunately, due to the digital nature of online shopping there is an opportunity for an order to go through for an item that is out of stock. If for whatsoever reason the item you ordered is out of stock, our sales team will immediately notify you.
What payment methods do you have?
- PayU– Our online payment gateway that accepts Debit and Credit cards.
- Direct Bank Transfer (EFT)– Make your payment directly into our bank account and send the proof of payment to [email protected] . Your order will only be shipped once the funds have cleared in our account.
- Payments from banks other than FNB can take up to 2 days to clear in our account before we can process your order.
- PayJustNow- PayJustNow is a payment option that enables you to pay for your order through 3 interest-free equal monthly installments. You will be redirected to their website to register where after you will be able to complete your order on our website. For more details, go to https://payjustnow.com/how-it-works
If you choose this payment option, your order is shipped to you after the first instalment is paid. *Please note that we will only be able to refund PayJustNow orders once the final instalment is paid
How do I know my payment is received?
- Once your payment is successful, you will receive an email confirming your order and stating that your order is now processing. Have a look in your spam folder as well, some of our mails end up in there sometimes.
Is this safe?
- All our transactions are managed by PayU, South Africa’s most secure payment gateway and carries the highest level of PCI (Payment Card Industry) Compliance. Your card information will not be saved on our system, nor can it be traced, intercepted or seen by unauthorised 3rd parties.
How long until I receive my order?
- We try our absolute best to ship all orders within 2-5 working days since your order is placed and paid for.
- Personalised orders may take a day extra. We want to ensure that we personalise the item as best as possible and good things take time.
- Once your order is picked up by our trusted courier, your order should be delivered to you within 2 – 4 days, depending on where you are located.
- Major cities such as Johannesburg, Cape Town, Pretoria and Durban should take 2 days to be delivered once shipped, outlying areas might take a day or 2 longer.
- If we do run into any unexpected delays, we will contact you.
REFUND/ RETURNS/ EXCHANGES
- We offer 30 day returns/exchanges, and 14 day refunds for any product purchased in store and online. Returns can be lodged at any of our FOM Original Stores, through the ‘Contact Us’ tab on our website or by logging into you FOM account on our website
- Returns specifically excludes personalised products.
- Where applicable, the product must be in its original packaging with all seals intact as at the point of sale.
- The goods are unused and undamaged.
- All returned goods are inspected to ensure that they are undamaged, unused and in the original packaging.
- Freedom of Movement reserves the right to refuse a return if the product shows signs of use, has been damaged or is not in the original packaging.
Our Vellies are as versatile as they come and embodies a strong sense of South African heritage and is manufactured with the highest quality of local raw materials.
Just like any other leather shoe, some groundwork has to be done. The first week or so could potentially be slightly uncomfortable (wear thicker socks), but this will steadily become the most comfortable shoe you have ever worn as the leather of our Vellies will loosen up, soften and mould to the shape of your foot.
Do you make half sizes?
- Unfortunately not. If you are in between 2 sizes, we recommend ordering the smaller size as the leather will loosen up over time and mould to the shape of your foot.
What is the difference between the Lite and Standard Vellies?
- Our Lite Vellies are made from sizes UK3 to UK7 and features a small heel profile. Our Standard Vellies are made in sizes UK8 to UK13 and has a flat sole.
- Both the Lite and Standard Vellies are unisex and can be worn by men and women.
- Unfortunately we can not make Standard Vellies with a heel profile and the Lite Vellies with a flat sole
CLEAN & CARE
Oily liquids will be absorbed into the leather and could be difficult to remove. Although all our products are treated during manufacturing, we recommend pre-treating the leather before use with a suitable protective spray. We recommend buying our Dasco Protector spray. This will give your FOM product that extra layer of protection against different elements your product might get exposed to.
I spilled something on my Bag/ Handbag/Wallet. What now?
- The most important thing to do is to treat it as soon as possible. Leather tends to absorb any liquid spilled on it and can stain the leather if not treated immediately. A slightly damp cloth could help if you don’t have any cleaning products available, depending on what has been spilt onto the item
- We recommend using our Dasco Multi Cleaner on the bag as this is a great product to help get rid of some excess dirt, spots and spoils.
- Simply spray on the Multi Cleaner on the bag and wipe it with a cloth.
- After using the Multi cleaner, a small touch of our Leather Food should help reduce the effect of stubborn stains and spills. This will also help moisturise and condition the leather, giving life back to your FOM product
- Apply the leather food by lightly stroking the leather food over the leather and massage it into the leather using your fingers. Start by using less and add more as needed.
- NB – Leather food is not suitable to use on leather with a natural (suede/nubuck like) finish such as our Vellies, as well as Olive, Savanna, and Fudge leather products/wallets
How do I clean my Vellies?
- Spray Nubuck cleaning mousse (Meltonian’s Clean and Care Mousse) on and use the FOM Rubber to open up the nap of the nubuck and to spread the mousse evenly over the surface of the Vellie. Very important: Please be gentle with the rubber. Don’t try and forcefully remove any stain marks, the mousse will do the magic for you.
- Leave the FOM Vellies to dry for a minimum of 2 hours out of direct sunlight.
- When the Vellies are completely dry, brush it with the rubber to restore the nap of the leather.
- It is advisable to apply a Nubuck Renovator (we recommend Meltonian’s Suede and Nubuck Renovator) to restore and revive the colour of the nubuck.
- Apply suede/nubuck protective spray for that final cover before your next adventure.
Find out more about all our available cleaning products here: